Learn From Mahatma Gandhi

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
"Where there is love there is life."

"The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within."

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence....I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonour. But I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment. Forgiveness adorns a soldier...But abstinence is forgiveness only when there is the power to punish; it is meaningless when it pretends to proceed from a helpless creature.... But I do not believe India to be helpless....I do not believe myself to be a helpless creature....Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."

My work will be finished if I succeed in carrying conviction to the human family that every man or woman, however weak in body, is the guardian of his or her self-respect and liberty.

No comments: